Founded in Newark, New Jersey in 1910 by Osias Berk, our company has steadily grown over the years on the strength of time-honored values made relevant to the demands of today’s competitive marketplace with the latest advances in design and technology.
O.Berk has expanded the scope of resources and services through major acquisitions including the J. W. Wilson Glass Company (1973), the United Bottle Company (1976), KOLS Containers (1983), J. Rabinowitz & Sons, Inc. (1994), Apex Bottle Company (1997), Feldman Glass Company (1998), Great Age Containers, Inc (2001) Greenfield Packaging Industries, Inc. (2002) and, AQL Decorating and Radial Images (2008).
The company’s headquarters was moved from Newark to Irvington in 1965, to Linden in 1973, and to its present headquarters site in Union in 1983. From our warehouses with capacity exceeding 200,000 sq. ft., O.Berk currently serves over 3,500 top consumer brands in the household, beauty and pharmaceutical industries through a regional and national distribution network.
Over the course of four generations as a family-owned and operated business, we have worked tirelessly to maintain our tradition of outstanding customer satisfaction. Combined with a vision for future growth and innovation, it has enabled O.Berk and its affiliated companies to continue as a leading, full-service supplier of glass and plastic containers and closures nationally.